Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tea Party at Lollipop Dream

If you live in the San Fernando Valley, you know that there aren't a lot of places to host a party that caters to young girls. My daughter's birthday was a couple of months ago, and we really struggled to find a place.

Lollipop Dream hosted a blogger event last Sunday where they treated some daughters of Los Angeles bloggers to an afternoon tea party. I had never been there before as they are located in the East Valley, and I live in the West Valley. I was curious to check them out so I attended even though it was absolutely pouring rain outside. Anyone knows that L.A. folks do not go out in the rain. Nevertheless, we ventured out to check out Lollipop Dream. I'm so glad we did!

Unfortunately, not too many of the other bloggers did! Only three of us were brave enough to venture out. The staff at Lollipop Dream still gave it their all to entertain our 3 daughters! When the girls first arrived, they were able to choose a dress-up outfit from a large selection. My daughter chose a diva dress. The other two girls dressed up as Disney princesses.

IMG_0040

The girls then had their faces painted (my daughter chose musical notes to go with her diva costume). They then sat down to eat where a beautiful spread of sandwiches and desserts were laid out for them to enjoy.

IMG_0048

They were then surprised by the arrival of two Disney princesses: Belle and Tiana. They taught them about tea party etiquette then taught them some dance lessons. The actresses who played Belle and Tiana were very good. I was told that Lollipop Dream used to subcontract out the princess jobs, but weren't satisfied with the quality of the princesses (smelled of cigarette smoke, visible tattoos, etc.), so now they have hired their own princesses.

IMG_0046

IMG_0045

After eating and dancing, the girls worked on decorating their treasure boxes. My daughter really covered hers with flowers.

IMG_0051

After all the food and fun and crafts, the girls went on a scavenger hunt that led to their earning party gift bags. The tea party wound down, and all the girls had a great time!

I was impressed with the beautiful room and the attention to details. The staff worked hard to be sure each girl had a great time.

Lollipop Dream offers a variety of parties and other events. It's definitely worth considering if your little girl wants a princess party!

Lollipop Dream did not reimburse me for this post. They did treat my daughter and me to the tea party goodies and the princess entertainment. What I wrote is my own opinion and words.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, but did they have any real tea for the moms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I bet Anabelle would love this place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad only three girls showed up...their loss. This place is awesome, and with owners who want quality 'princesses' I hope others support them to the max! Glad your daughter had a good Birthday:)


    update on the comment...
    Hope you get rid of that awful word veri...just sayin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize my word veri was activated on this review blog! Yikes! Thanks SO much for letting me know. I HATE word veri too!

      Delete